When I was laid off, I was not the only one financially impacted. I had to stop the following:
- Figure Skating – $11.00 per session, five times per week = $55.00 – Ripple Effect: SkateQuest Reston
- Figure Skating Lessons – $45.00 per lesson, twice a week = $90.00 – Ripple Effect: Barbara Walker and Ross Lansel
- Weight Training – $45.00 per session, once a week = $45.00 – Ripple Effect: Nina Lomax
- Pilates – $30.00 per session, once a week = $30.00 – Ripple Effect: Meredith Smith
- Cleaning Service – $90.00 every other week = $45.00 – Ripple Effect: Quiroga Cleaning Services
- Various purchases of gas, groceries and meals
So, the immediate Ripple Effect of my layoff has removed $265.00 and change per week from the Northern Virginia economy and has directly affected four people and two small companies.
So far, I have been unemployed for seven weeks and have missed contributing $1,885.00 and change to the economy.
If I remain out of work for a whole year, that will amount to $13,780.00 and change.
My cats, Princess Gem and Han Solo, have had their veterinary checkups postponed until I am employed again – at least $64.00 x 2 = $128.00 deferred. Ripple Effect: Pender Vet.
I have delayed my own doctor visits, as well.
I will add things as I think of them.